Answer the call, join the clarksville police department
cLICK THE LINK BELOW TO START THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Starting Salary: $48,401 for new recruits at the completion of initial Law Enforcement Academy Training.
-Advancement to Patrol Officer II @ 18 months: ($54,845)
- State retirement plan
- 12 vacation days and 12 sick days per year
- 12 paid holidays a year
- Take-home patrol vehicles
- A medical insurance package is offered by the City of Clarksville at a minimal cost to the employee.
- Employee clinic
- Longevity pay
- Uniforms/equipment provided
- Military, Reserve, National Guard Leave
- Voluntary Incentive Program to maintain physical fitness
- The Clarksville Police Department and the City of Clarksville are Equal Opportunity Employers
LATERAL TRANSFER PROGRAM
For Pre-Certified Officers:
Starting Pay: Up to $54,845*
*Applicants hired with prior law enforcement experience (Certified Officers)
upcoming PT Test Dates:
When: February 7, 2024
@ West Creek HS track
Application cutoff: Continuous through 2023
CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
The Chief of Police selects the applicants that will be given a conditional offer of employment. This job offer is contingent upon the applicants successfully completing a physical exam, drug screen, psychological exam, and polygraph test.
FAILING THE TEST
If an applicant fails the physical agility test or written examination they will be eligible to re-apply by submitting a new application to the Tennessee Career Center for the next available testing date. The duration of the hiring process for the Clarksville Police Department can take up to one year depending on the background investigation and available testing dates.
The Clarksville Police Department has a lateral program for applicants with prior law enforcement experience. Those that qualify would still have to complete all phases of the hiring process.
All Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age on the date you submit your application
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Honorable Discharge from the Armed Forces if prior military (Must be within 60 days of ETS to be eligible to apply)
- Completely fill out an application for employment
- Be able to pass an extensive background investigation, polygraph, and drug screen
- Meet State Law Requirements concerning mental health and physical condition
- Criminal Activity - The Peace Officer Standard and Training Commission of Tennessee may consider a waiver from pre- employment requirements relating to criminal activity on an individual basis and depending on the circumstances excluding felony charge or domestic violence.
Please note: Police Officers (Patrol Division) work 12 hour shifts (nights, weekends and holidays).